Marisa Howard out of Trials steeple; Levi Keller added to pole vault field...

The list of athletes with Washington ties competing at the US Olympic Track & Field Trials posted earlier in the day on this web site saw some movement today with two changes.


The Boise State alum wrote, “A little less than a month ago I started having some pain in my hip flexor area, this was later diagnosed as a femoral neck stress fracture. To say I am devastated is an understatement. I am humbled by the fact that years of training can be taken away in an instant.”

She continued, “I am thankful for an awesome sponsor @oiselle (Seattle-based Oiselle) who have been so supportive during this tough time. To my family, friends and husband, thank you for all your love and support. To the doctors, therapists and everyone else who has helped me this year, thank you. I'll be back, stronger, faster and more prepared. Don't count me out just yet!”

Last Saturday, Eastern Washington alum Mattie Suver also took to Instagram to announce her withdrawal from the Trials in the 10000 due to a hip injury.

Seattle’s Levi Keller from Club Northwest was added to the field in the pole vault Wednesday after a scratch by Jack Whitt.  Keller goes into the meet with a mark of 18-4.75 (5.61m) set at the Club Northwest all-comers meet on June 15th at Husky Track. 

The entries for the Olympic Trials, including scratches & additions, are available here (updated hourly).  Final declarations are supposed to be made no later than 11:59 pm Pacific, two days before the first round of an event.

Comments