Incoming Husky frosh Jacopo Spano gets second PR at world junior championships...

EUGENE--Incoming University of Washington freshman Jacopo Spano (left/photo by Paul Merca) finished fourth in the third of three semifinals of the men's 200 meters Thursday night at the IAAF World Junior Track & Field Championships at Historic Hayward Field on the campus of the University of Oregon.

Positioned in lane 6, Spano set his second personal best of the day, running 20.98 to eclipse the mark of 21.04 he ran in the quarterfinals this morning.

His mark was the 14th best out of the three semifinals.

"I didn't feel as good as I did this morning because I was tired.  I 'm very happy to run a PR, though I think I could have run faster.  The conditions were much better this morning."

On whether or not he will run on the Italian 4 x 100 meter relay team, he said that he is awaiting a decision from the coaching staff on his status.

Friday, Camas HS sensation Alexa Efraimson runs in the semis of the women's 1500, while University of Washington redshirt freshman Colby Gilbert runs in the finals of the men's 5000 meters.

Comments